Teen Summer Reading Program
2019 A Universe of Stories
With the mission to inspire creativity and encourage curiosity, Grand Forks Public_ is excited to announce the 2019 Summer Reading Program, a Universe of Stories!
The Summer Reading Program opens on June 1st and runs through July 28th. All teens participating in the program can log their reading minutes for points online, gain extra points for completing challenges online, as well as enter in secret codes for extra points from library events (codes distributed at the event and need to be entered into your online logging account - some events require reservations- see the calendar on this site, or the list of events on the logging site to reserve your spot).
Here's how it works:
- Register to participate HERE
- Participating teens will earn entries into the prize drawing by logging their reading minutes
- Each teen will earn an entry into the drawing for every 210 minutes read. (420 minutes = 2 entries, 630 minutes = 3 entries, etc.)
- "Reading" includes books, eBooks, audio books, eAudio books, magazines, newspapers, & anime films with subtitles. Even reading to younger children!
- Complete challenges and attend library programs to earn extra minutes and more entries into the prize drawing
- Prize drawing will be held on August 1st, all minutes, challenges, and secret event codes need to be logged by July 28th
Need a Suggestion?
Having difficulties finding a new book or meeting one of the challenges? Let us recommend a book through one of these resources. Also don't forget that many of our books are available in ebook format through Library2Go.