Grand Forks Public Friends
A Great Library Needs Great Friends!
The Grand Forks Public Friends are a group of dedicated community members that help to expand, enhance, and promote the public image of the library. The Friends raise funds that are used to supplement the library budget for programming, staff enrichment, and other activities that engage patrons, with the mission to "Increase community awareness, involvement, and support for library services, programs, facilities, and needs."
Friends also advocate for the library by:
- Writing letters of support
- Volunteering at events
- Promoting library services
- Voting to support building projects or funding measures for the library
We love book donations! Book sales are the top fundraiser for the Friends, which helps provide funding for library projects and programs. We have a few rules around book donations, including:
- If you have a large number of books to donate (more than 2 bags or boxes), please schedule a time for this donation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-772-8116. Please do not leave donations in the book drop.
- Items that are outdated (older than five years), damaged, stinky (musty or smoky), etc. will not be accepted.
- Textbooks, medical guides, encyclopedias, and the like become outdated very quickly. They will not be accepted.
Books are heavy and if our recycling dumpster is overloaded with donated damaged and/or outdated books, the library is charged. Please keep this in mind as you consider whether or not to donate an item to the library.
Thank you for understanding these limitations. Children’s books, recent fiction books, and DVDs in good condition—these are all excellent options for donation. We appreciate you thinking of us and helping to fund future library programs with your generosity!
Become a Member
Individuals and businesses alike can become a member of The Friends. Simply fill out the Membership Form and submit it online or bring a completed copy to a meeting.
The Friends meet every other month, meetings are listed on the library calendar, on this site, and announced on social media channels.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
View current meeting agendas and minutes.